I’ll be upfront – I’m not a vegetarian. But once spring and summer come around, I am craving fresh fruits and veggies, and frankly, meat can take a back seat then sometimes! Not to mention the fact that meat is more expensive and often more time consuming to cook. So sometimes I feel like making a meatless meal, and I wanted to share an easy vegetarian recipe I came up with recently: cilantro and lime black bean tacos. Nothing ground breaking, but it is easy, healthy and delicious!
For the filling (instead of meat):
- About 3 cups of black beans, cooked and mostky drained
- 1-2 teaspoons of cumin (to taste)
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Dash of lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Diced red pepper
- Fresh salsa (diced tomatoes, diced onions, diced fresh pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, diced hot chilies if desired)
- Cheese of your choice
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sliced avocados, or whatever else you feel like!
It’s delicious served with fresh pineapple.
Is anyone else like me and crave fresh veggies this time of year?
What are your favorite simple meatless meals?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!